Lancaster, PA 17601
We are searching for a Logistics Administrative Assistant for our client's growing business! Training for this newly created position will originate in the Denver, PA area (approx. 2 months), then move permanently to the Harrisburg area.
- Sort, input and process contractor paperwork to be paid on time each week. Understand owner operator, and third-party carrier pay rates and customer charges in order to insure billing accuracy.
- Effectively operate multiple computer systems, codes, entering all charges.
- Utilizing the dedicated driver list to check that driver codes and tractor numbers correct on paperwork and all systems. Correct mistakes and adjust inaccurate information.
- Match location, routes and stops in the system to the bill of lading that has been received to be paid. Where additional pay and bonuses are given, verify approval and determine the best way to credit and charge for such incentives.
- Where loads have been assigned to an approved third-party carrier, review individual rates, verify corresponding invoices sent and override pay in the system. Research discrepancies found with load mileage, load charges, or tractor errors according to invoices sent by the carrier.
- Maintain communication with the office administrator, dispatch, and the terminal and operations managers for exceptional situations where drivers are/should be compensated aside from that which is standard.
- Keep track of billing documents received by drivers to be reimbursed or deducted, forwarding each to the appropriate individuals; scan and file to maintain records. When various receipts, citations, and violations are turned in, indicate order, movement and driver codes for immediate reference.
- Professionally respond to any pay inquiries from the driver office employees within the terminal. Update records with new payments, outstanding or unpaid balances, and driver information or requests.
- In a timely manner rate all trips exported into the system in accordance to the billing week end date. Run various reports to double check data input accuracy and build any missing loads that failed to export.
- Act professionally and ethically at all times.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2 to 3 years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience within the distribution and/or transportation industry.
- Must work weekends (Saturday or Sunday- hours are flexible) until the terminal is fully operating out of LME. Can be flexible to discuss scheduled days on/off.
- Must be willing to commute as the company will be relocating to Harrisburg, PA.
- Proven experience as billing clerk or general office experience
- Ability to learn fast and efficiently, remaining focused despite surrounding distraction
- Knowledge of distribution and transportation industry.
- Experience using computerized billing software
- Excellent organization skills, with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to company values.
- Computer proficiency.