York, PA 17401
We are seeking LPN’s for a busy York facility! This is a direct hire, permanent position for a reputable facility! Multiple shifts available! Responsible for coordinating well-being of residents and supervising the work performance of employees.
- Supervises an assigned nursing area and assigns work to personal care aides and med techs as appropriate. Ensures that care, comfort and well being of the resident are attained in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Assist with the assessments & RASP (Resident Assessment Support Plan) process. Also assists with admissions and discharges
- Assist residents in completing basic functions to include but not limited to: bathing, grooming, physical/oral hygiene, shaving, and hair grooming/shampooing, dressing, and assist residents at mealtimes.
- Assist and supervise residents with medications
- Supervise and assist residents with medications, including insulin injections and blood sugar checks
- Administers physician ordered pharmacological agents, therapeutic treatment and hypodermic injections. Observes, interprets, records and reports resident’s response. Completes al necessary documentation
- Ensures that resident support plans, charts and treatment schedules are followed by staff. Processes admission and discharges of residents
- Assist in orientation of new LPNs, Med Techs, and PCA’s
- Maintains a high degree of safety awareness and infection control practices
- Promotes and encourages individualized resident independence while maintaining resident dignity, individuality, confidentiality and following infection control policies
- Current PA Licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision and of resident care management
- Ability to maintain a therapeutic attitude toward an effective relationship with residents
- Ability to instruct staff, assigns work, evaluate performance
- One(1) year experience supervising nursing staff
- Basic computer skills for assessment data entry and medication administration
Qualified candidates should submit a resume for consideration.