Director of Operations
Chambersburg, PA 17202
We are seeking an experienced Director of Operations in Chambersburg, Pa! This is a permanent, direct hire opportunity.
Qualified candidates will hold a degree and have 10+ years experience in operation/vendor management and 2+ years experience in purchasing/vendor contract comprehension
The Director of Operations will lead company operations and manage the efficiency of the company’s warehouse, equipment service operations, vendor management, and R&D functions to facilitate accelerating business development and long term success.
The Director of Operations will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure day-to-day warehouse operations run effectively, efficiently and smoothly
- Lead the long term strategic planning for the Operations effort
- Work with the Logistics Specialist to ensure that the customer orders are filled accurately on a timely basis
- Develop processes and systems support, to drive performance and cost containment efforts
- Ensure Service Technicians have the necessary tools to deliver high quality sales and service support to customers
- Monitor Service Technician activities to identify sales and service issues and work with staff to resolve problems
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Participate and execute on contract negotiations and non-performance compliance for vendors
- Evaluate vendor performance and track supplier compliance to negotiated terms and delivery dates
- Develop ongoing training to improve job knowledge and competitive positions, including vendor site visits
The Director of Operations must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in operation/vendor management and 2+ years experience in purchasing/vendor contract comprehension
- Proven ability to lead cross functional teams with and without formal authority
- Experience collaborating with Research & Development, Marketing, Manufacturing, Operations, and Legal & Sales teams to bring new products market
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook and Calendar
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions, lean process, and principles
Qualified candidates should apply! Please submit your resume for consideration.