Administrative Assistant - Sign Language
Lancaster, PA 17601
We are seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant for a busy office in Lancaster! The purpose of this position is to provide customer service support to deaf and hard of hearing customers and consistently handle administrative tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Office Manager. Successful candidates will be detail oriented and comfortable managing a front lobby while supporting office personnel with general clerical functions. Hours are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 7:30am – 4pm, Wednesday 7:30am – 7pm and Friday 8am – 1pm.
Administrative Assistant Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as office receptionist and greets clients, volunteers, and visitors. Directs the sign-in process
- Promptly answers voice and videophones, and transfers calls
- Manages office mail; orders/stocks office supplies and maintains the agency’s Membership Database
- Performs data entry and clerical support as needed: creates labels; spreadsheet entry; composes meeting notes; composes power point presentations and edits documents, etc.
- Processes invoices; updates and creates brochures, letterhead papers, and fax coversheets
- Attends health fairs, presentations, and special events as directed
- Other duties as assigned
Administrative Assistant Skills & Qualifications
- Effective communication skills; fluent in American Sign Language (ASL)
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong computer skills including: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point); Google-based Products (Mail; Calendars; Docs; Sheets) and similar web-based programs (ie, Concur Travel System)
- Professional phone and communication skills; prior receptionist experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license
Qualified candidates should apply! Please submit your resume for consideration.