1st shift Service Manager with HVAC knowledge needed for a permanent position!
The Service Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee and manage the entire Service Department, handling inbound calls, outbound calls, dispatch, maintenance agreements, and service billing.
- Collaborate as a team with the President; Director of Sales and Administrative Supervisor to establish clear processes for each of the above functions that are based on industry-wide best practices.
- Collaborate as a team with the President to ensure residential service technician daily schedules are managed efficiently.
- Promote sales company wide and manage the scheduling, and renewal of residential and commercial maintenance agreements.
- Provide accounting with maintenance billing information.
- Oversee the efficiency and accuracy of the billing process to insure it is completed in a timely manner.
- Make recommendations for program improvements to President and Director of Sales.
- Manage the growth and the capabilities of the entire Service Department in accordance with the company’s strategic plan.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Establish (document) and maintain efficient operational processes for all functions of the Service Department
2. Train, coach and lead CSR’s and Service Technicians to follow process and achieve department goals.
3. Conduct performance reviews as needed and ensure performance reviews are occurring within area of responsibilities. 4. Conduct hiring and terminations as needed for area of responsibilities.
5. Collaborate with ‘Sister Company’ to share resources and minimize impact of seasonal swings.
6. Establish CSR and Service Technician KPI’s and hold team accountable.
7. Maintain the dispatch board, review schedule 5 days in advance.
8. Post and analyze the daily labor report for residential and commercial service technicians.
9. Post and analyze the Residential PM Labor forecast report one time a month.
10. Effectively measure and communicate call capacity and labor on present and future schedule to the management team.
11. Manage the dispatch team Saturday and evening (as needed per season) schedule.
12. Post and analyze the service agreement renewal, retention, EZ Pay, and total growth monthly.
13. Coordinate with marketing to drive service agreement growth in accordance with strategic plan
14. Oversee the maintenance agreement database information.
15. Invoices need to be completed and billed within 48 hours of the completion of the call.
16. Identify and coordinate service tech training.
17. All other duties as assigned.
Work Hours • 7:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Overtime hours required during busier times including weekends and holidays.
Managing/availability for On Call Tech support Education, Training or Certification
Benefits and PTO offered!
High Interface With: This position will interface closely with the following departments: Director of Sales, President, Administrative Supervisor, CSR Team, Service Technicians, and ‘Sister Company’ Support Resources.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- 3+ years related experience and/or training in exceptional customer care, industry experience and/or job coordination; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Background in basic HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical technical knowledge
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers effectively in verbal and written form.
- Ability to communicate with and work cooperatively with fellow co-workers
- Working knowledge of Service Technicians field processes.
- Advanced internal / external customer service skills.
- Respond promptly to customer and coworker needs
- Organized and capable of handling multiple tasks at one time
- Recognition of the importance of details
- Computer skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year DOE
Qualified candidates with HVAC and/or Plumbing and/or Electrical knowledge should apply!