International Logistics Customer Service Representative
Lancaster, PA 17603
Our 3PL client is searching for International Logistics Customer Service Representatives to provide highly personalized logistics service! This position oversees all aspects of accounts relating to the international transportation of goods and the maintenance of the client’s needs. Work with clients to establish detailed profiles and procedures that properly represent their export/import process. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values.This is a full time, permanent, direct-hire opportunity!
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Arranges shipments by examining destination, route, rate, delivery time; dispatches to carriers
- .Verifies merchandise shipped by matching bills of lading; reconciling quantities; noting discrepancies.
- Keeps customers informed by forwarding notices, shipment date and method, and current status; answering questions.Benchmark freight rates
- Negotiate rate structures, including consolidation lanes, capacity, and customer programs.
- Present finding to Management.
- Collect and analyze service issue and carrier quality information and develop clear and concise reports.
- Freight forwarding functions such as booking, issuing Delivery Orders, etcChecking and confirming order status on pick-up and deliveries.
- Analyze freight bills for customer specific required information.
- Track and log information in the system.
- Coordinate & expedite requests, time-specific pickups and deliveries and other special requests.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Time management and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Professional phone etiquette
- Team oriented
Outstanding benefits package offered!