Lancaster, PA 17603
Our client is in need of a Controller for their company. The Controller is responsible for preparing the accounting records, the asset/liability analysis functions, and managing the investments of the company. The Controller will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, budgeting, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, and strategic planning.
Controller responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as a member of the Executive Management Team and support the strategic priorities of the company
- Provide leadership in the development for the continuous execution and evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives
- Manage accounting and finance staff; train employees; evaluate employee performance; recommend promotions/transfers and salary adjustments
- Oversee reporting to regulatory authorities and to the Board
- Work directly with auditors/examiners on year-end and comprehensive audits
- Review, analyze, and implement risk management initiatives
- Review operational procedures and implement changes to obtain optimum efficiency and reduced costs
- Oversee development, planning, and implementation of new products and services
- Write, review, and distribute financial policy and procedure statements to ensure regulatory and policy compliance.
- Establish accounting systems that will produce the financial reports necessary for operation.
- Prepare accurate reports necessary for management, the board of directors and regulators to show the financial condition of the company.
- Present financial reports in formats that are easy for management and the board to read and understand.
- Keep current on accounting principles and practices through research and personal development.
- Incorporate recommendations for accounting changes from examiners and auditors into the financial operations.
- Develop investment policies and procedures that protect the credit union’s assets while maximizing return.
- Manage the credit union’s investment portfolio within board approved policies.
- Prepare all fiscal reporting for regulatory agency and government reports.
- Maintain the budget and work with management to develop and document key budget assumptions.
- Recommend asset/liability policies and procedures that are appropriate and reflect industry best practices.
- Understand how to use asset/liability modeling tools and the reports that are generated.
- Create, maintain, and ensure compliance with liquidity policy.
Controller qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Accounting or other related area of study preferred.
- 5 years of accounting experience.
- Ability to operate basic office machines including calculator, copy and fax machines.
- Computer experience and knowledge of the Windows operating system is required.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of account procedures and ability to train employees.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be exceptionally detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational, problem-solving, and follow up skills
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and multi-task well to ensure accurate and timely completion of all tasks.
- Must have knowledge of electronic banking systems, including online banking use in general.
Qualified candidates should apply! Please submit your resume for consideration.