Lancaster, PA 17603
Our client is searching for an experienced Truckload Brokerage Specialist for a permanent, direct hire opportunity! This role is responsible for assisting in the development and management of the in-house brokerage. The position includes building carrier relationships, finding daily capacity through technology, such as load boards, pricing shipments competitively in the marketplace to secure orders and monitoring loads until delivery, as well as, establishing and maintaining professional relationships with clients and their customers on behalf of the company by taking personal and complete responsibility and ownership for each client contact. The position requires excellent understanding of the transportation industry along with a high level of technology skills, as well as, tact, sensitivity, professionalism and enthusiasm.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build and maintain an Approved Brokerage Carrier Network.
- Work with Customer Service to provide continuous support as an additional resource on tough lanes and loads.
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends and news.
- Provide sales with an additional resource for sales calls.
- Assist team members with the daily management of the Dispatch Inbox.
- Track all volume and truckload shipments, alerting clients of all transit updates.
- Evaluate and recommend shipping solutions based on client needs.
- Manage telephone calls professionally, efficiently and with excellent professional skills in the Dispatch Queue.
- Process customer orders accurately and timely.
- Exercise honesty, integrity and respect with all clients and co-workers.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and clients.
- Work with accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail.
- Respect the work environment and keep it as neat and clean as possible.
- Exercise initiative to learn new skills and tasks and to help co-workers when possible.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience in Transportation, Supply Chain Management and/or Logistics.
- Previous experience in Truckload Brokerage required.
- Excellent written and oral command of the English language.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High level of ability to multi-task and juggle several projects.
- Attentive in preventing errors and solving complex problems
Outstanding benefits package offered!
Qualified candidates should apply! Please submit your resume for consideration.