| The Cost Accountant position is accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The cost accountant must also construct and monitor those cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management. |
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Functions of the Job: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
• Plans, studies, and collects data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor.
• Analyzes data collected and recording results.
• Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
• Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
• Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
• Analyzes audits of costs and preparing reports.
• Makes estimates of new and proposed product costs.
• Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
• Maintains Cost Accounting System.
• Assists in month end close of the General Ledger.
• Assists with Cost Center Accounting.
• Assists with capturing data relating to Excess & Obsolete Inventory.
• Maintains regular, predictable attendance.
• Other duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
• Four to six years of similar experience
• Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Excellent computer skills, particularly in MS Excel
• Previous experience with an ERP system
• Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
• Ability to collaborate with a multi-department team
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to handle confidential information
Qualified Cost Accountants should apply!